Thursday, August 28, 2008

Saying Goodbye



Four months ago, we welcomed home our oldest son from his mission to Washington DC. Now it's time to say good bye again as he heads back to live in the area where he served. I did not think it would be so hard to say good bye again, but it is. I am excited, though, to hear about his adventures. He will be getting a job and going to school. Maybe he'll work for the CIA or get a job on Capitol Hill. He loves art and politics. Maybe he'll become a political cartoonist.

He'll be going to the Singles Ward up there. Maybe he'll meet his future wife.

So many possibilities. How can I not be happy for him? I am, but a part of a mom's heart has to heal all over again.

3 comments:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Good luck to your son! It's an interesting world out here in the DC area (we're in northern VA). I hope all his dreams come true.

Becca said...

great blog....just found you on ldfr!!!

visit me if you wish... beccafarley.blogspot.com

Dana said...

Good luck to your son, he'll do great!