Saturday, August 23, 2008

Two Down and Three to Go or The nest is getting emptier...



It's hard to believe that my oldest son, Logan, will be moving to Virginia to live in just 4 days. He served his mission in the Washington DC South mission which encompasses the northern part of Virginia. He met some wonderful people there and has the desire to go back to live for a while. I could not think of a better place for him to be (except here in Oklahoma-haha). He will be surrounded by friends who can help if the need arises. Although, I will be sad to see him go, I am excited to see what this next phase of his life will bring.

He has always loved art and politics. Being close to Washington DC will be a great place for him to exercise his love of both.

So...Logan leaves in 4 days and his brother Lane will be leaving in a little over a month. Yikes! I don't know if a mother is ever ready to let her children go. At least this mother isn't, but I know it has to be. I'm excited for my children. I know they will be outstanding adults. They have been outstanding youth.

No comments: